Tuesday, January 13, 2009

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

This is a post from another blog I read:

Will Texas Secede the Union.... again?


Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I received this email from one of my very dear friends, who also happens to be a very-very Texas Gal, born and bred in the country, on a ranch, in South Texas... and while this is "tongue-in-cheek", it's not too far off the beaten path of what some real Texans really think... If you doubt the truth of these words, click here to read Texas Sucession Facts. Texans are a different sort... even down here in French Lique...


* * * * * * * * * * Here's the email...

Hmmmm, let me think about this a minute.....Maybe History can repeat itself.


From The People of Texas

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action since Obama won president over McCain. We'll miss you too. Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into our hands.


Here is our solution:


#1: Let Barak Obama be President of the United States . (All 49 states.)


#2: The Republic Of Texas elects it's own conservative President.So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . (We will control the space industry.)

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .

3. Defense Industry. (We have over 65% of it) The term "Don’t mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway

9. We have a ready supply of workers. (Just open the border when we need some)

10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers. (OH NO, DON'T FORGET THE LARGEST ARMY BASE IN THE FREE WORLD, FORT HOOD !!!)

12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf. And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food. This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have. Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only Mr. Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes. You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Gore has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed,

The People of Texas
Have a nice day!
********************************
PS... I wasn't born in Texas, but I got his as fast as I could... *wink*wink*smil

15 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

Honestly, and don't hate me for this. This is why I don't like living in Texas! Sorry I'm a liberal northerner. Will all ways be a foreigner and always feel like one. Hope we can still be friends!

Carol Beck said...

i guess you just gotta be born here! steve thinks texas is overrated too, but where do ya'll live? they're all facts!

Lori Hurst said...

Ok, I will be quiet after this - it's not the facts that is the problem - it is the attitude! Sorry I was just upset about the succession thing because of Obama not that 'we' couldn't support 'ourselves'. I know my politics are different so I don't talk about them and shouldn't have commented. Hope we can agree to disagree.

Carol Beck said...

i think ya'll are just jealous because ya'll didn't grow up here! i wasn't going to say this but decided to anyway. i was trying to be Christ-like but didn't succeed!

Carol Beck said...

i don't agree with succeeding either. i think this was written "tongue in cheek" and i thought it was funny.

Carol Beck said...

i kinda got upset about what i felt was an attack on texas. i guess it's a pride thing! pride isn't a good thing when taken to an extreme either! yes i can agree to disagree! i do it all the time with my daughter! i guess you just struck a nerve! i'm planning on trying to support obama because he is our president now even though i don't agree with his politics and i certainly didn't vote for him! politcs can be a hot topic!!!!!

Carol Beck said...

it's the same way with my husband on religon! when we do discuss it, and we don't that often because it usually leads to contention, we always have to agree to disagree.after 32 years neither one of us has changed the others mind on one thing about religon! politics and religon the two hottest topics around! at least him and i do agree on politics! whoever said you should never discuss those two things was a wise person!!!

Laura said...

I'm not from Texas either, but I enjoyed your post! I guess graduating from one of the big two Texas universities brings out your inner Texan!

I'm not in favor of seceding, but I think it's interesting to see how self-sufficient Texas could be if we had to be. It's nice to live in a state that has the resources necessary to take care of itself.

And I do enjoy living in a state that is still red!

Unknown said...

I totally understand your feelings about Obama and your not voting for him. I have spent the last eight years listening to George Bush and his minions. If he is an example of what Texas is all about, your welcome to it. Having known several really good people from Texas I have to agree (again) with the Dixie Chicks. President Bush is my president, and I didn't vote for him twice.
Bill

Leslie said...

I LOVE Texas. I NEVER want to leave. I feel like I am FINALLY home! Seceding sounds just fine to me! Although that would mean that I would no longer be a US citizen...I would have to give THAT some thought. Carol~ Thomas and I agree on religion but CAN NOT talk politics in our home. We actually are both conservative but I am not conservative enough for Thomas and he gets all heated up!! Politics...Religion....BAH! Love God, love country...the end~!

Jennifer said...

Here's my thing:

Lori - you stick to your guns. It keeps the US going.

I'm even more conservative than the government now (get your hands out of my pockets and don't tell me how to raise my kids!). I'm very Texan and very American.

I didn't vote for Obama - I didn't think either option was that great - but it isn't the end of the world. We still have our senators and representatives who we can influence with our voices. Checks and balances, after all.

Would passports be required to enter the Republic of Texas? (hypothetically, of course. Secession sucks.)

Carol Beck said...

so jen do you hate me now too?

Carol Beck said...

ok....let's go back to the beginning. I DID NOT RIGHT THE ARTICLE! i posted it because i thought the "tongue in cheek" part was funny and the facts were interesting. i didn't say if i agreed with it or not. then i was attacked for what the article said. i got mad and said something out of anger.(the jealous part) then i agreed that we should agree to disagree. i thought it was over. i've now been accused of trying to force my beliefs on others, which is one thing you know i hate from an earlier blog, so you should know that i would never do that to anyone else. now others are also coming down on me! once again i will say I DID NOT WRITE THE ARTICLE! when i got attacked i got very definsive! i'm really sick of this whole thing and i wish it could just be dropped!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Carol - I love you! I don't think you did anything wrong. I appreciate the post as exactly as you meant it. I didn't realize you felt attacked. I actually enjoyed the discussion and hearing everyone's point of view. Agreeing to disagree is just fine by me.

Leslie said...

This controversy is LOL hilarious ladies! From my perspective no one REALLY had their feelings hurt but it seems everyone is worried that they hurt the feelings of others. We all love each other because we ARE different. How boring would it be if we all blogged about the SAME things and made the SAME comments. LOVE all of you! Carol~ Stop worrying. Lori~Stop Worrying. You are both Fab!