Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WHAT A CLASS ACT


whatever your politics (and i'm NOT going to get into that!) you have to admit that laura bush is a class act. she has stood quietly behind her husband through thick and thin! (and there's been a lot of thin lately!) i can't imagine how hard it must have been to watch and hear the man that she loves berated and put down like george bush has been! i have a lot of sympathy for him too but he chose the job and she didn't chose to be in the spotlight! she always had a smile on her face and appeared to be content in whatever situation and graceful. on top of all of this she is beautiful! this lady is one of my heros along with her mother-in-law barbara! well....to get right down to it, i love the whole bush family! they are just good people!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I so agree. I do believe that she and her mother-in-law have been the classiest first ladies we have had in a long time.

Shel said...

Before we moved here in April we lived in Midland (Texas, of course) and I worked with a wonderful lady in young women who was good friends with Laura Bush and she had nothing but fabulous things to say about her. I, too think she was such a classy first lady!

I'm sorry, but I don't have a blog (yet!?) I love getting on and keeping up with all my friends and being able to comment, but haven't found the time to start my own yet. I have been given a hard time about it.. I love to scrapbook and have been trying to keep up with that (not very successfully), so I haven't wanted to add blogging in fear of filling up any free time I have since I know it can be quite fun and addictive (especially for me more than likely :)

Mariko said...

I love that you wrote this! During inauguration, my father-in-law and I were talking about her. She truly is an amazing women that has done so much good! I LOVE Laura Bush, and I LOVE Barbara Bush!!